Wednesday 2 July 2014

Monday 30th June

So our last day on Nepal is finally here - it seemed like this day would never come! IBM readybtonleave but I have been experiencing over the last couple of days, feelings of " this is probably the last time I will do this - ride in a bus and hear the assistant guy yelling our the route to get passengers; or walk up this street or see the order in the chaos ... It has been a truly amazing experience. I have learnt so much/ realised how much extra stuff I have, learnt much about myself- felt gratitude, seen much that I would normally not notice, experienced the warmth of exchanged smiles and greetings with strangers, been humbled by how people live and interact and the levels of contentment. My experience with the two groups of teachers was really satisfying as well so without doubt I leave Nepal happy and fulfilled and immensely grateful for all the opportunities these six weeks have afforded me. 

Fortunately there was a scale at theonastery used to wegj the enoous masses of food brought on to feed the 270 boys who live here! I had to do a whole lot of rearranging so that my check on luggage weighed 20 kegs which of course meant that my carry on luggage once again weighed a fortune!! Akkal took us to the airport where we checked in without a probl - I simply waived my passport under the guys nose and that was it. We couldn't see much from the plane portholes(windows??) and the next thing I knew, we were landing in Delhi.  

No comments:

Post a Comment