Monday 11 February 2019

A couple of pics from Mauritius

Sunset on our 7th night - taken from the lawn in front of the house. I'm still figuring out when the best time to snorkel on the reef is. We went out today  just in front of the house but the reef felt too far away and I got nervous! You can see the reef in the photo - its supposed to be high tide now when I took the photo - waves do break on the reef but I think that happens at low tide when it is shallower and the water hits the reef.  Yesterday I took a walk northwards on the beach and met Percy a local, who showed me where to get to the reef by wading about 50 metres from the shore. He said one then snorkels (south) along the reef for about 45 minutes before coming out closer to our home. So the plan is to give that a go tomorrow.   He also told me where to boogie board - catch the bus to the church (about 4 or 5 stops away) and take any road to the beach and there are the waves of Tamarin bay - even better if you walk across the Black river and catch them on the other side of the river!! Then you can have a beer - 2 pounds at the hotel!!

So lets see what tomorrow holds for us - today after our aborted snorkel we went for a walk to the south of the house  - with me swimming quite a lot of the time - we are slowly getting tanned and hopefully getting fitter! Peace continues to reign! 

No comments:

Post a Comment